Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 3 - well...

Yesterday I never quite made it to working out. It was a busy day to say the least, and it just never happened. In the evening we went to the rosary of a close friend who recently passed away. It was standing room only, and I stood for about 1 1/2 hours in 4 inch heels, so maybe that counts for a little exercise. Today was the funeral.  If crying burns calories, I'm set. Seriously though, losing someone who is close to you, and close to your own age really makes you put things into perspective. I really need to be healthy, for myself and for those who love me. I want to be around for them for as long as I can, and that's hard enough when you have an existing disease. So I'm not just dancing around like a fool so I can look better, or feel better. I'm doing it for my family and friends too; for all the special people in my life right now, and those that I'll meet in the future. Time passes way to fast to procrastinate. I've got to get healthy, so I have the energy to spend quality time with others. If that's not enough incentive, I'm not sure what would be.

Caren E. Salas

(Rest in Peace, Steve. We will miss you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment