Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 6 - The Black Hole

Well, I did get in a little bit of a work out yesterday, and today, well, I guess I could call it weight-lifting. I've been trying to clean out our garage for years, and I'm becoming less and less attached to all the "stuff" and more ready to just get rid of it. If you've ever watched that show "Hoarders - Buried Alive" you'll understand. It's clearly a obsession for some people. For us, it's just lack of time. We don't know what to do with something so it gets tossed in the garage. Now it's what I call "The Black Hole"; things go in and never come out! So now along with my resolve to get healthy and to get more serious about my writing, I've also resolve to attack the Black Hole, and make it usable space.  So today I went through a specific grouping of boxes, and was able to get 2 large bags of hand-me-downs for my grand neice and nephew, 2 more to send to the Thrift store, and at least one bag of stuff I either threw away or recycled. Whew! I didn't get to my dancing, but hey, I was moving around boxes, bending over to sort things and definitely worked up a sweat. I'm hoping to at least stretch before I go to bed tonight also.
Tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday and we're going over to their house to celebrate. Maybe I can get in a walk or quick workout before I go.  Until later...

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment