Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 12 1/2 That Thing You DO Like

I had a great workout yesterday and I even added the length of two songs! (so about seven minutes longer) I know I've probably mentioned this before but I really think the music, at least in my case, makes a huge difference. I think that's why I was never much into jogging. I get bored. I could probably jog at the beach because I LOVE the beach, but unfortunately it's about 20 minutes or so a way, and since I'm already struggling to find time to workout, that's sort of detrimental. I really believe that to do something you don't like, if there is at least some element that you do like, it makes it a whole lot easier to bear.  I don't even mind cleaning the house if I can crank up some fun music. So my friends, if you are saying to yourself "Well, she can do that, but it's not so easy for me," I'll let you in on a secret: it's not easy for me either, believe me! I just try and get lost in the music, hear the beat, kind of imagine myself 22 years old, and dancing in a club with my friends. Then I'm having fun, not working out. Some people would rather read, or watch TV. So do it!! Watch TV while you jog in place. Read a book while you're stretching. While you are at your computer paying bills, flex and point your toes! Whatever gets you going, and moving. You'll be surprised how it grows on you.

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment