Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 8 - Every Little Bit

It's been a busy day. I had to take my son to the oral surgeon who had removed my son's wisdom teeth last week. Apparently he had a "dry socket". Ouch. I had a list of things to do around the house, as well as phone calls to make, and bills to pay. This is my life on a regular basis. This has also been the reason I always gave for not working out, or even trying to be healthy. I'm too busy. I'm too tired. Although these things are true, they are not an excuse. In fact, the not working out is probably contributing to my general fatigue. I'm not an expert, by any means, but I do know I used to feel a whole lot better back when I was more active. So, somewhere in the craziness, I grabbed my little rug-rat of a dog and took him for a walk. Fifteen minutes of brisk walking isn't much, but it's more than I was doing a couple of weeks ago. Tomorrow is another day. I plan to start off by scheduling a time to exercise: not when everything else gets done. Everything else is NEVER going to be "done". Running a house and raising kids is on-going and never-ending, but if I make myself and my health a priority, "everything else" will certainly run more smoothly.

Come back tomorrow and see how I did! :)

Caren E. Salas

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment