Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 28 - Got the Music in Me

All right, the weekend was less productive than I would have liked, but we had some family things to do and other projects that had to be taken care of. I did get a little walking in. Today I made sure I put my dancing shoes on. I worked out for almost an hour!! I'm so proud of myself, I must say. I spent about half that time stretching, and I'm actually starting to see a little improvement in that area. It's always nice when there is noticeable differences. So much of what I do will have long term effects but as far as daily measurable gains, not so much.
I have noticed, I always do better when I have my music ready to go. I have great music by the way. I mentioned before that one of the first things I did was to make a play list to inspire me. Some of you, (if you are younger, especially) may not recognize some of the songs but if you want to have fun dancing for exercise like I do, you should look these up. They are upbeat and have a great rhythm. They are easy to bust your own move to. (At this point my kids would groan "Mom, you're such a dork!") Anyway I'm going to list some of my favorite songs to dance to:

"Let's Hear it for the Boy" from the original Footloose Soundtrack  by Deniece Williams
"Eye of the Tiger" from the Rocky 2 Soundtrack by Survivor
"Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics
"Ghost Busters -theme song" by Ray Parker Jr.

That's just a start, and yes I do listen occasionally to music from this decade. Well, hope all my workout buddies are right here with me as we start a new week. This week will be a better week.
Tomorrow will be a better day!

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment