Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 9 - Squeeze!

What a day! Ever have one of those days when your schedule gets rearranged at the last minute, and everything takes longer than you expect? That was my day today. Added on top of that, was a communication error that led to me driving 45 minutes across town for nothing. Ugh!
Believe it or not I actually did squeeze in a 20 minute workout. It was mostly stretching and a little strengthening, but I did manage to get a few aerobic moves in while I was getting ready to run off in some other direction. So I was thinking...sometimes we need to get creative with our exercise. If I stand on one leg while I'm doing the dishes, I'm working on strength and balance. If I jog with the dog, I get a little aerobic workout. If I sit on the floor to do paperwork I can stretch at the same time. A regular workout is great and my goal is to make time for that every day, but sometimes the circumstances are beyond my control and I have to take care of things. The problem is, for me, (and maybe you too) that one day of not focusing on my health can lead to two days, then three, and so on. The next thing I know it's been a month and I think now I have to start all over. So I put it off even more. I can't do that anymore. I have to accept that there will be days where it will be difficult to fit this kind of thing in, but I think if I at least make the effort to do something, I will continue on again when I am able.

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment