Monday, October 3, 2011

Things to be Thankful for: #1 Family

I recently watched a video about a man who had no arms and no legs (Nick Vujicic). He was so inspiring. It was like there was nothing that he couldn't find a way to do. He was talking to some grade school kids and saying that the secret was to stop looking at what you can't do and who you can't be, and be thankful for what you have. So that's why I'm starting this blog. Hopefully I'm going to write here everyday and just pick one thing that I'm thankful for and write about it. Sometimes they'll be big things, sometimes not. They won't be in any particular order, just however I randomly think of them. So here goes.

I'll start with the big things, like my family. The whole crazy lot of them. And when I say a LOT I mean a LOT. My husband Bill and my 4 beautiful children to start with. Then there is the extended family. I'm from a family of 8, Bill is from a family of 9. Once you count all the brothers and sisters and their wives, husbands and children, aunts, uncles cousins...If we got them all together we'd have to rent the Staples Center. So there it is:

Things I'm thankful for...

Item #1 : family


Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment