Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#11 Disneyland

I know there are people that don't agree that Disneyland is the "Happiest Place on Earth", but none of them are in my family. Most people have some place that they enjoy going, what I like to call a "happy place", but not the mental kind. There needs to be somewhere (for me at least) where I can forget about everything else; where I can smile at little girls dressed up as princesses, and laugh at grown men wearing goofy hats (or Goofy hats, literally).  Disneyland is filled with make-believe (like when I make believe I can afford anything in the stores, lol) It allows me to feel like a kid again, with no worries about bills to pay or laundry to get done.  Where is your happy place?


By the way, the cute little girl on the right is me, along with a few of my brothers (there's two more!) No jokes about how old this picture is!!



Caren E. Salas

1 comment:

  1. Great photo! Mickey Mouse looked different back then! My family and I frequent Disneyland too and it's nice to be able to go somewhere that everyone can have fun in. Plus, we love hunting down the characters and getting their autographs. =)

    ReplyDelete