Tuesday, October 18, 2011

#10 Music


I know this is kind of a no-brainer for most of us. For me, music has always been a part of my life on one level or another. But how often do we stop and think about what life would be like without it?  I can't imagine. When we went to Yosemite National Park recently, my son brought along his ukulele, and we would all stroll down the paths accompanied by soft, stringed, instrumentation. His playing didn't detract from the overwhelming beauty, it was the soundtrack, and it was amazing.

So I guess I'm not talking about all music today, just music that happens, in the right place, at the right time; like when you hear a small child singing to themselves as they play with their toys, or some aspiring musician playing guitar on the corner with his case left open for "donations". I love those little snippets of unplanned, unrehearsed melody. It always brings a smile. So keep your ears open and listen....


Caren E. Salas



Photo by William Salas

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing photo, made even more so by your thought-provoking invitation to listen to the music and melodies that accompany our lives. Thank you for making me STOP and listen. Affectionately signed, Grateful Connie

    ReplyDelete