Friday, October 21, 2011

#12 Phone Calls

Don't you love when someone calls you out of the blue? I do. We all get busy, and even if we think about it, the time slips away and we've missed the opportunity to call a friend.  I usually think about it while I'm out in my car, and by the time I get home, I have other concerns and then remember again when it's too late.  Yet when someone calls me it's amazing how special I feel. I know that someone has been thinking about me. Someone cares enough to make the time, and call me. In some cases, it's someone who loves me. How great is that? Just hearing a friends voice saying "Hello! How are you?" makes my day. It definitely brings a smile to my face. It makes me try a little harder, to make the effort and call others. In a world where e-mail and texting seem to have taken over verbal communication, I still believe we need to feel the warmth of a human voice. So call someone, maybe it'll make their day. I'm making a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment