Friday, October 7, 2011

#5 Smiles

Today is World Smile Day. The theme being, to do something to make someone smile. The funny thing about smiles is that for the most part, they are contagious, unless of course it's one of those demonic-"Poltergeist"-clown-under-the-bed smiles. Then it's just creepy and nightmarish. But I digress.  When someone smiles at me, and I mean genuinely smiles at me, it really can make my day. A kind word, a little nod, a smile: these things can change the whole mood of a day. It doesn't even take much effort.  I love when I'm in a store and I smile at a small child and they smile back, and it becomes a game almost. It lifts my spirits, even if just for a little while.
I've been trying to keep up with this blog (even though VERY few people actually read it) because I want my focus each day to be about at least one thing I'm thankful for or happy about. So, now I have another goal: to try and make some random person smile every day. Maybe it'll lift their spirits, even if just for a little while.  Hey, how hard can it be?  Even a child can do it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment