Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 43 - Temptation



 Okay, so my husband sends me out to buy donuts this morning. Donuts! Really? He never gets donuts. He wanted to get them for his staff at work, which was a nice thought, but torture for me. Here, I'm trying to eat more healthy, and out of the blue...donuts. He let the kids have one each and I declined but I did snag a small bite from my daughter's.
It's bad enough that every store is full of Easter candy! Those little marshmallow Peeps...I love those. If I could just have one, it might be okay, but they're like Lay's Potato Chips. Can you really have just one Peep? So here I am trying not to buy that stuff, and yet it still finds its way into the house!! Augh!
My plan is to step away from the sweets, and keep stepping. I need to go for more walks or jogs or bike rides and get out of the house. I can't go to the mall, because well - that's junk food heaven. I need to go to a park or something. Yesterday worked out well because I had to get the oil changed in my car, so I dropped it off and walked home. Then later I had to walk back to get it. I walked briskly, partly because I wanted it to be exercise and partly because I didn't want to be run over by one of the crazy people zooming through the parking lot near the Goodyear place. Survival of the fitness.
Yesterday was okay. Today wasn't great. Tomorrow will be better. Until then...
Caren E. Salas

Photo: twonormalmoms.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment