Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 39 - Too Many Late Nights

"Early to bed, early to rise..."
Clearly Benjamin Franklin wasn't a mom. I got the "early to rise" part down (even if not by choice), but the "early to bed" part is always a challenge. There are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done. I know I should be getting not only the average person's healthy amount of sleep, but, according to my doctor, even more. The problem is I haven't quite figured out how that's going to happen, and lack of sleep in not good when you are trying to get into better shape.  I find myself having a hard time being motivated when I'm tired. Well, duh, right?
I just love that commercial for the sleep aids that say "if you find yourself walking, eating or driving while asleep, contact your doctor..." Wow. Sounds like my life every day.
I think what I need to do is to have dinner earlier. This would mean eating earlier (of course) but also the clean up would be earlier. Then I could at least have a little time in the evening if not to sleep, at least to relax.
I was able to stretch a little today, and so far I seem to be holding onto those 2 pounds I lost and I think I may have lost one more, hopefully that will stay off too. Tired today, but tomorrow will be better. No, really. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Caren E. Salas

2 comments:

  1. Early to bed early to rise.... yeah, not in my life. My work schedule at a 24/7 open hospital, that is not going to happen. Add on being a student and a partner who works shift work, my motto is: "Sleep when I'm dead":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I now feel a little better about my crazy schedule! That sounds like my life when I was in college though. Sometimes I wonder how I survived it - lots of caffeine helped. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete