Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 38 - Best Laid Plans


"The best laid plans of mice and me(n) often go awry..." Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck.


Remember I said I needed to make a plan for this week? What was I thinking? Seriously. I should know by now, being a strong believer in "Murphy's Law", that everything that can go wrong, will, and guaranteed, everything will take longer than you think it will.  This was my week. Granted, a few things did go very right, and thankfully I actually got most of the stuff I needed to done, so far anyway. There's still tomorrow to mess up. I have done a little stretching, a little walking, and have tried not to be sucked into the candy aisle at the 99 Cent Store. I do want to shoot every cute little Girl Scout smiling at me from every grocery store entrance. Nooooo! Leave me alone! I have a squirt gun and I'm not afraid to use it!! So many temptations, so many reasons I can't exercise, so many obstacles to overcome on my way to being healthy. 
So...what to do? Slowly I have been adding different disciplines into my life. I eat better food, I drink water more than...other things. I exercise, maybe not daily, but regularly. My thought now is that I need to really think about those distractions that keep me from doing things I should....like computer time. Don't get me wrong. This whole cyber world is fabulous, but it's so easy sometimes to spend more time than I need to. Next thing I know time has passed and nothing productive has been completed.  When I'm writing or even reading something worthwhile, that's okay, but sometimes I feel like I need to limit the time I spend at one time. (By the way, I'm hoping you all think my writing is worthwhile, because you are not allowed to stop reading my stuff) Anyway, speaking of time, I should be sleeping,  truth be said. So until later...
Good Night.


Caren E. Salas 


photo: mysteriousdavemather.blogspot.com (pinky_brain.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment