Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 33 - Motivation

Motivation is a complicated thing. For example: I can be mentally motivated to do something, but physically? Not so much. Or, I can be motivated in every way, but still not have the time to act on it. Life happens, schedules change, things usually don't go the way I think they're going to. Sometimes I feel like I need my own cheer-leading squad around all the time telling me "You can do it! You can! You can!" Unfortunately, we don't live in a huge house and I'm sure things would get a bit crowded.  So for lack of an encouragement team, I find that I have to motivate myself. Actually, thinking about it, I can have all kinds of people rooting for me, but if I don't believe I can do something, it's not going to happen. I have to make up my mind that I will achieve my goal, whatever that may be, in the face of obstacles, despite rejections or set-backs.
Easier said than done, right? Days pass and I don't get a chance to workout for whatever reason, or I slip and eat something not quite as healthy... (okay, I didn't really "slip", I did it on purpose, but who can turn down "In n Out"?) and I find myself feeling discouraged. I just have to kick myself a little, keep on trying, and keep on telling myself (you know what's coming) tomorrow will be a better day.

Caren E. Salas


Photo:   holytaco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment