Tuesday, March 24, 2020

COVID-19, An Account, March 24, 2020



So yesterday I managed to get out of my house and took my dog for a walk, She was looking forlorn because she's been cooped up a lot lately herself.  She's not particularly fond of rain, and I think she actually doesn't "go" very much if it's too wet outside. As soon as I pick up the leash, her little radar ears perk up and she's at my feet looking up at me like "walk?now?walk?now?now?walk?huh?let's go!!!  It was good for me too. I did bump into a few people I knew, but I stayed 10 feet away - not taking any chances.  We chatted a bit and then I went on my way. It was nice to get out, if only for 30 minutes or so.
Today I woke up early, but lie in bed thinking, which usually is not a good thing. Today, on the other hand, I thought of something. Why, if the news in general stresses me out and/or makes me sad, do I have such a difficult time pulling myself away from it? Then I thought, In this time of fear and concern, one thing that happens as I watch the leaders of our country be completely inept as far as I'm concerned, is that I get angry. Normally being angry is a bad thing, but I'm beginning to feel like anger gets me going, makes me want to fight. Fear and sadness makes me just want to curl up in a ball and wait until it's over. In that movie (Network?) people hang out their windows and yell something like "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!" I feel like that. So I've gotten more outspoken about certain things. If I alienate friends who support other politics, well then...sorry not sorry.  Seeing these people act like my life (or my mom's) is not as worth saving as their precious money (economy) makes me furious. How dare they? Nope, not going to be silent anymore.  I'm not an "in your fac" kind of person, but if someone says something, I WILL answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment