Friday, March 27, 2020

COVID-19 An Account, March 27.2020

This is a map that shows COVID-19 cases in the Los Angeles area. It's a few days old so I'm sure it's already inaccurate. The thing is, that this is close to me. Those little dots will inevitably multiply and become even closer to me.  I'm following all the safety precautions, but we still need things now and then.  They say the virus can live for a full day on cardboard. So even if I get all my food from Amazon or Uber Eats, and never actually go out, I could still possibly get it.  Without testing, who knows who might have it? Even with testing, what if they figure, "I feel fine, I can still do my job." I'm hearing more and more about people being non symptomatic but still carrying the virus. I have to disinfect everything that comes into my house. or make sure I thoroughly wash my hands after handling anything.  I can't forget. This is bad because honestly, I've never been much of a detail-oriented person. I just have never worried about things like that. Life is too short to be paranoid about every little germ. Now though, I need to be a bit paranoid or life is going to get a whole lot shorter. Scary.
I'm trying not to worry, but when I wake up during the night, there's little chance of going back to sleep. I didn't sleep well before, but I could go on Facebook and forget about other problems. This one is a little harder to shake. So many thoughts are racing through my head at any given moment, it's amazing I have enough coherent attention to get through the day...but on I go. One day at a time.



Map: csungis.maps.arcgis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment