Wednesday, March 25, 2020

COVID-19 An Account March 25, 2020

I was able to see my daughter and her husband today for a few minutes from six feet away - air hugs only.  Still it was nice to see her in person.  Sadly, the only contact I have with my grandsons is FaceTime. Sometimes I just want to cry after seeing them.
It seems like the virus is hitting younger people lately. The news continues to send mixed messages. President Trump thinks everything will be ready to open things up by Easter.  All of the medical experts are encouraging him not to get his (or the country's) hopes up.  A man I talked to while I was out walking the dog the other day told me "well, we have to go back to work at some point..." and I didn't really have a response to that. I just shrugged and said "well...yeah". Of course we have to go back to work some day, but wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? Do you not watch the WORLD news? I'm sure Italians want to get back to work too, and make money to feed their families.  No one wants to keep fighting for toilet paper forever.  I think we all, though, want to stay well and alive, and make sure our parents or grandparents do also. Who are you willing to lose in order to make money. My friends and family (every one of them) are way too valuable to take a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment