Wednesday, April 15, 2020

COVID-19 An Account, April 14, 2020

Hello, sorry it's been a few days. The last few days have been surprisingly busy.  was actually able to see a few people, with masks, outside and like 10 feet away, but still, friendly faces are nice to see in person. My daughters and their babies have been having fun talking with Bill and I on Messenger. We discovered that there are filters to change your face, or picture you with a puppy on your head etc. The boys (our grandsons) especially love a game where little hamburgers pop up and you try and catch them in your mouth. the more you catch, the chubbier your cheeks start looking. It's hilarious. I wonder it they are trying to get a message across?
I've been trying to look for those jewel moments that make me smile, the ones that make me forget for a few glorious minutes. My mind escapes from all things medical, except for worrying about my cheeks getting bigger (which, ironically, is how you win). The boys giggle and laugh uncontrollably and that...is the sweetest sound in the world.
I've been also attempting to limit myself to shorten the time spent watching the news. It just depresses me. I did however watch a recent COVID-19 press conference, when I heard President Trump claim that as the President, his authority was "absolute". When a FOX reporter said basically, no it's not, and asked who had told him that, he attacked her saying that her question was "horrid". Wow. Are GOP senators, representatives, etc. okay with this? Another newscaster continued the same line of questioning, and deploying his signature move, Donald Trump shut the reporter down. Trump is a master of pushing away the press, getting riled up and defensive instead of answering the questions posed. Again, I don't believe everything I hear the news stations say, but I listen to the things that come out of his mouth, and not just the snippets the media chooses. I hear them in the full context of the entire news conference. I watch him picking fights with people and ignoring the hard issues. When that doesn't work he brings up the impeachment "hoax". I think it's funny that he used that same word when talking about the Corona Virus earlier this year. Apparently that's as much of a hoax as the impeachment.  Currently, as of yesterday the death toll in the US is almost 26,000 people. Some hoax.  It's a shame that there are those who want him out so bad they are willing to lose hundreds of thousands of American citizens. Being among the higher risk population, I think I could think of better ways to push President Absolute from office. I'm not fond of the idea of dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment