Saturday, September 1, 2012

Just Keep Swimming...

Wow, I have really been loving going to the gym this week. I even made a friend: Eileen. We started talking because I saw her doing the same "oh-my-gosh-the-water-is-cold" dance at the pool steps that I do every day. It's not really that cold, and it feels wonderful once you are in, but it's that initial chill that gets me. Unfortunately, my usual approach is to dive in all at once, but alas, this is against the rules, and I'm not really a jumper, so I step, step, pause then whoosh.
So I've been swimming my 20 laps and thinking that although I do enjoy swimming, it's a lot harder than it  used to be, haha. I mean, that while my muscles seem to know what to do, they are not always so willing to do it. Another thing is that apparently I have forgotten how to breathe. I know...breathe in, breathe out, but it's different when you're in the water, obviously.  Bad timing can really be...bad. Little by little however, I'm becoming more comfortable. As I count out my 20 laps, the little wimp inside me is screaming "STOP NOW!!" but the part of me that's fed up with the wimp is saying quite calmly (albeit with an exhausted tone) "Just keep swimming..." So I do.


Caren E. Salas

PS - I just realized I already had a similar post with Dory and "Just keep swimming". I guess she is more of an inspiration than I thought. The previous post was not about literal swimming though, so I guess that makes it okay, right?


Photo: fanpop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment