Monday, September 24, 2012

Circumstances Beyond My Control..

For those of you who don't know me personally, you may be thinking "What's your excuse this time?" I can hardly blame you. I've been off again, on again, so many times it's embarrassing. This time however, I think I can safely say, is justified. I had to take my daughter to the emergency room last week and it turned out that she had appendicitis. We went in late at night, and I spent the whole first night in a chair, literally. To give you the "Reader's Digest" version, she went to surgery the next day, spent the night in the hospital room (sleep wasn't part of the deal that night either) and then was released late the next evening. Such a fun week! I can't even begin to tell you.
Needless to say this did affect my workout routine. Even if I had had the time or the energy, leaving my daughter was not an option. I am happy to say that she is feeling much better (just don't ask her, haha) and over the weekend we went away and stayed at a hotel. This was a trip we had planned a while back and the doctors said it would be okay to take her. While there, I did go in the pool and get at least a little workout. It felt amazing. I can honestly say I missed my morning swim! (As in, I was disappointed I couldn't go.) Tomorrow things should be going back to normal(ish) so I'm hoping to get my laps in. I refuse to let this "break" to deter me from continuing. I'm still a little tired from everything, but that I know will pass.  Wish me  luck, wish my daughter a speedy recovery and wish yourself a great day!


Caren E. Salas


photo: William Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment