Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Be Careful What You Wish For...



Okay, so I know I said I wanted a little summer, but what I meant was relief from the June Gloom, not 100* temperatures! Seriously, right after I posted that, the temps jumped up 20 degrees. A gradual increase would have been nice. At least today is nicer. There's a pleasant breeze in my backyard, and opening the door is not like opening a kiln. The forecast shows more hot weather to come however, (yippee) so I'm bracing myself.  I have this feeling that I may spend a lot of time inside my house this summer. Yes, I know, I'm a wimp. Born and raised in Southern California, I enjoy a huge range of temperatures, like say...between 75 and 85.  Anything under 65, and I'm pulling out my parka. Anything over 90 and, well, I just want to jump into the fridge.
Now, if I can get to the beach...I am a happy camper. Most days the shoreline is easily 20 degrees cooler, and although the water tends to be (again, I say this as the California wimp that I am) FREEZING, the warm air feels wonderful in contrast. That said, the beach will not be happening today. Things to do, bills to pay, blah blah blah. So until later, stay cool my friends.

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment