Thursday, November 3, 2011

#15 Books

Okay, I know everyone has to have a Kindle or a Nook or whatever. Information comes more from the Internet than anywhere else it seems and besides, books are heavy and awkward to carry. Still, I love books. I am in danger in the $1.00 book store. It's an addiction. I have more books than I will probably ever read, but I continue to want more. Maybe someday, I tell myself, I'll have the time.  One of the best things about a book, is that you can (if you're lucky) have the author sign it. Being a writer myself, I've often dreamt of signing books at schools, fairs and signing parties. It's kind of hard to sign some one's Kindle, I'm thinking. This thought pushes me to get out there and get my novel published before I miss out on the whole "autograph" experience. I mourn the day when books are obsolete, and the creators of fantasy are just a name in the credits. Meanwhile, I hang on to my library, in hopes that someday I will have the time. Hug a book, will you? And think of me, your favorite off-kilter author.

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment