Wednesday, November 9, 2011

#16 Baking Cookies

Now, I'm sure at some point I said I liked taking one holiday at a time, and while that's still true, there are a few things that for me, blend from one to the next. Food crosses all lines. As much as I like eating certain foods during certain seasons, there are no set rules. I mean, really, people eat turkey all year round right? Well, some people do.
So, the other day I decided to make cookies. Rolled sugar cookies cut with cookie cutters and sprinkled with pretty colors of sugar.  Nothing beats the way it makes my whole house smell. It doesn't really matter if you use the slice and bake kind, the tubs of pre-made cookie dough, or make them from scratch. Home baked cookies are the best, and making them, for me, takes me away for awhile. I'm focused on the cutting, sugaring and timing, with no room to think about the worries of the world for a little while. This makes me smile, and the finished product seems to make everyone else smile. It's a win/win, wouldn't you say? Whether they are for the holidays or any day, cookies are a definite on my "like" list.

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment