Thursday, October 4, 2012

Almost There...



I am officially up to 30 laps. Next week I'll push that to 32 which will be....
drum roll please....a half mile!
I would love to say that it's getting easier, but I'd be lying. Sometimes my arms drag though the water and I feel like I can barely pull them out for each stroke. My leg muscles start to burn after, like...a half a lap. It takes all my powers of self persuasion to continue. This morning I was thinking to myself as I struggled through the laps. How is it I can love this so much when it's so hard to get through? Why do I look forward to this torture morning after morning? I still am not sure how to answer that really, but I think part of it is the way I feel the rest of the day. It almost feels like, after that workout, dang, I can do anything! I was talking to this man who comes to the pool about the same time as I do. He was saying that on the days that he swims, for the rest of the day he feels "lighter". That makes sense to me. Being out of the water seems easier after I've done my laps. Who knew?
Well, better get to the rest of my day. Feeling better helps me get more done. Unfortunately, it doesn't add any more hours to the day, because that would really be helpful.


Caren E. Salas




photo: myfitdecision.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment