Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 1 - and five six seven eight!

Do you ever find yourself smacking yourself on the head and thinking "Why didn't I think of this sooner?"
In the last few years I have continually complained that I am so out of shape, and I really had to start working out or at least getting a little exercise.  I went out and bought sweat pants and made a schedule of when I could go to the gym. Of course, being a mom (and a mom with MS), schedules are like unicorns. You can swear up and down that they exist, but somehow they never materialize. I plan things, and then some little gnat flies into the cookie dough. Ew. All right, start over...again.
So the other day I started thinking. What do I enjoy doing? Riding my bike, swimming, body boarding at the beach....and dancing (my minor in college). Duh. If I just had a bunch of music to dance to, I could do that anytime: in between other chores, while I'm doing other chores. So I decided to start working on a playlist. Please realize I am about as savvy with technology as a hedgehog on a surfboard. So...not. I had to figure out how to find the music I wanted, download it, sync it with our Zune and play it back when I want to.  I'm happy to report, that as I write this, the music is on it's way.
Step one almost complete, I have also decided to let this blog be a journal of my journey to healthiness, at least for the moment. It started off as an encouragement blog of sorts; looking for things to smile about. What better to smile about than being healthy? This is especially true for me since it's been a while. Having a chronic illness sucks in many ways, one of which is feeling like you continually have to rebuild your strength. You get to a point, relapse and then, you start over. My goal will be to get to that point where I'm a little ahead of the game, and won't slide back so far.  It's worth a shot. So here I go. Wish me luck.

Caren E. Salas

No comments:

Post a Comment