Thursday, September 12, 2013

No Happy Medium

I can't sleep. my husband and I decided to spend Labor Day weekend in Palm Springs, and we do love it here. but dang. It's HOT. Even at nine, ten o'clock at night it's about a hundred degrees! Then, the room is air conditioned to below freezing...okay, not really, but it's cold! So here I am at 5:35 a.m. because I can't sleep. I tossed and turned for hours feeling the blast of cold air on one side of my body or another; I tried to turn down the AC; I even wrapped the decorative throw blanket they put on the edge of the bed for color over me, but I can't sleep!  Added to that, the AC hitting me gave me a stiff neck, or maybe it was the tossing and turning, so I took some Ibuprofen and now my stomach hurts. Of course.
On the upside, in about an hour, the pool will be open, and being that yes, at 7 a.m. it will be hot enough to melt glass, I may just go down and swim a few laps. I will have to adjust my workout however in light of the pool only being about 15 feet across. Three strokes and I'm on the other side. I may have to resort to...I can't believe I'm saying this...water aerobics,. (shudder)

No comments:

Post a Comment