Friday, May 11, 2012

Tired if You Do, Tired if You Don't

I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Danged if you do, danged if you don't." (PG version) Sometimes I feel like it's a statement about my life. There are times when I feel like no matter what I do, I can't win. A neighbor friend of ours used to say "If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."  All of this to say that these days, just getting through the day, is a constant battle. Every time I start to notice something positive in regards to my health, something else seems to fall apart, or something I thought was gone comes back. It's frustrating. I have figured out though, that whether I go for a walk or exercise, or not, I'm pretty much wiped out at the end of the day.  So a couple of days ago I decided, that since I'm going to be exhausted come sundown in either case, I may as well go down in flames, so to speak.  I started pushing myself to go for a walk everyday, as far as I can physically go, even if it's just around the block.  The dog is, of course, thrilled to no end, because he benefits from my decision too. I take my music, my dog, and zip around the block a few times. Afterwards I'm tired, but frankly, if I didn't go I'd be...tired.  So really, this isn't too tough. Hopefully someday I'll feel great, and I'll be so used to going out everyday, it will be the norm. And if that someday never comes, at least I will be a smidge healthier than if I did nothing, and that makes it worth it. It's getting harder to say "Tomorrow will be a better day," but I hope that a better day is coming...I have to believe that it is.


Caren E. Salas









(photo by William Salas)

No comments:

Post a Comment